WRC-TV, a television station (channel 4 analog/48 digital) licensed to Washington, D.C., United States
WWRC, a radio station (1260 AM) licensed to Washington, D.C., United States, which formerly branded as WRC
WTEM, a radio station (980 AM) licensed to Washington, D.C., United States, which used the call sign WRC until February 1984
WKYS, a radio station (93.9 FM) licensed to Washington, D.C., United States, which formerly used the call sign WRC-FM
War Reserve Constable, a rank within British police forces during World War Two
WRc, Water Research Centre, UK
Western Railway Corridor, Ireland
Western Red Cedar, an evergreen coniferous tree native to western North America
Western Reserve College (disambiguation), two unrelated institutions in Ohio, USA
White Ribbon Campaign, a men's movement opposing violence against women
Women's Republican Council, Armenian NGO
World Radiocommunication Conference
Worker Rights Consortium, US-based organisation protecting rights of workers making college apparel etc.
Will Rice College, subdivision of Rice University
Wright Robinson College, an 1116 High School in Manchester, England
Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks, an international treaty
WAVE regulatory complex, a protein complex in the WASP family of proteins
The organisation began in 1927 as the Water Pollution Research Laboratory (WPRL), based in Luton, part of the Civil Service, with a remit of providing research and advice on sewage treatment. During the Second World War the WPRL also worked in other areas, of which the best-remembered was the creation of a device for airmen to make sea water acceptable as drinking water.
In the 1950s the WPRL moved to Stevenage, and here it is associated with the first systematic analyses of sewage treatment. In 1974, following the reorganisation of the UK water supply industry, the WPRL was converted to a quango, controlled by the publicly owned Regional Water Authorities. It was also amalgamated with the Water Research Association (WRA) and the Water Resources Board. The WRA had been founded in 1953 and provided research and advice on drinking water treatment to the municipal bodies responsible for drinking water supply. The WRA was based at Medmenham. The new organisation was renamed the Water Research Centre (WRC).
In 1989 the Water Research Centre was privatised and renamed WRc PLC, as part of the privatisation of the UK water industry. At that stage it shut down its Stevenage site. In 2004 the Medmenham site was also shut down, leaving Swindon as WRc's main site. Today the WRc Group employs around 100 staff. Its shares are mainly owned by its staff and UK water companies.