An extract on #islandlife
Wyatt was Chris Blackwell's first employee at Island Records London. Trevor drove the Island cab, delivering records to the stores as well as taking the artists around when they came to town. As Island grew, Trevor became the studio manager, UK A&R manager, and house producer, first in Island's Basing Street Studios and then at Island's HQ at St Peter's Square in Hammersmith. As such, he became a source of knowledge on who had recorded what in the studio and where their sessions could be found. Many compilations on the Island label existed purely because Trevor found material in the archives and brought it to the appropriate label manager's attention. He was responsible for the Island Reggae Greats series of releases, and also found many alternate takes and demos for box sets by Nick Drake and Sandy Denny.
After the takeover by Universal Records, Wyatt followed Blackwell to Palm Pictures, where he worked for some years. He is now an independent artist manager.
Cote des Vardes
Located in Montville Road, St. Peter Port, used to grind stone, has been converted into a three story property.
The site of the L'Hyvreuse Windmill is now occupied by the Victoria Tower, built in 1848.
Le Hechet Windmill
Photographed in the 19th century, Le Hechet was located in St Saviour, presumably off Rue du Hechet.
Le Moulin des Monts
Le Moulin des Monts, St Sampson's, was destroyed by lightning in 1660. Its site is now occupied by the De Saumarez Memorial in Delancey Park.
A windmill to grind stone was established in St Saviour in 1833.
Moulin Huet, Guernsey is a tower mill. Possible named after Walter Huet, Governor of Guernsey in 1372. It was derelict and capless by 1949 when photographed by Donald Muggeridge.
Ozannes Mill, in Ruette Braye was in existence in 1897.
Petit Bot Windmill
The windmill, located at the top of Petit Bot Valley was photographed in good condition before it was totally destroyed. Its exact location has not been found. It could be at the top of the St Martin or Forest valleys.
St Martin Windmill
The converted mill still stands in Steam Mill Lane, It houses a jewellery business.
The mill tower of the Sausmarez Mill or the Old Mill had lost its sails by 1926, even though the hood and sail timbers existed. The tower is located at the top of Old Mill Road and Les Camps du Moulin, St Martin.
Vale Windmill is a five storey tower mill that was built in 1850. Photographs show it to have had four shuttered sails . The cap was similar in shape to those found on Kent windmills and was winded by a fantail. The mill had a stage at first floor level. It was converted into an artillery observation post by the Germans during the Second World War. This work entaild a three storey extension being built on the mill tower, making it 21 metres (68 ft 11 in) high overall. The windmill featured on a 2p postage due stamp issued by the Guernsey post office in 1982.