An extract on #hairsalon
Capra interned at The Shooting Gallery, a production company in New York City, before branching out into screenwriting and independent production in Los Angeles. While in Los Angeles Capra worked as a screenwriter on independent features such as Nora's Hairsalon 1 and 2. After much success as an independent screenwriter and full time ghostwriter, Capra took her skills on her own and wrote and produced the Lionsgate feature In the Mix starring Usher Raymond, Chazz Palimenteri and Emmanuel Chriqui. It would be Capra's second time working with Chazz Palimenteri, they previously worked together on Robert DeNiro's directorial debut A Bronx Tale, Capra has stated that Palimenteri inspired her to write. In the Mix was a love story written as a romantic comedy based on Capra's parent's love story. Capra often writes from life experiences and family history, she is strongly rooted in the world of organized crime.
Chanel Capra is of Italian and Dominican heritage. She lives in Los Angeles, California with her mother Ann Marie Capra, her manager and siblings (actor), Francis Capra, television personality, fashion model and social media influencer Ava Capra and author, illustrator Asa Capra. Currently Capra has established an entertainment company called Bella Mafia Entertainment developing and managing talent and models in social media and branding as well as television and film development, music production and public relations.
Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home (1995) .... Teenage Girl at Ferry
The Andy Dick Show (1 episode, "Andy Land", 2001) .... Party Girl
Nora's Hair Salon (2004) Screenwriter
In the Mix (2005) Co-Producer, Screenwriter
Nora's Hair Salon II (2008) Screenwriter
The land along the Swan River was quickly divided as settlers arrived in the Swan River Colony. Guildford was established in 1829 and within three years all of its town lots had been sold. A government reserve to the west, across the river, was deemed suitable for a town site, and the town of West Guildford was established. After he purchased a nearby farm from the Stokes family, Colonial Secretary Peter Broun named the homestead Bassendean.
In 1922, West Guildford was renamed Bassendean.
Flooding in 1929 caused severe damage, especially to the primary school oval.
In December 1934, Bassendean Road Board held a referendum, seeking approval to borrow funds for the improvement of an area, known as Hays Swamp, on the edge of the townsite. The development would include a bowling green with floodlights, a croquet lawn, Bassendean Oval, tennis courts and provisions for other sports.