The terminal is to the northwest of the Atatrk Square (popularly known as Konak Square) and south of Konak Pier at 382708N 270731E. With stops of most public busses and the zmir Metro, Konak Square is the main transfer point of the city.
The terminal building was opened on 14 April 1938. After several small scale renewals the municipality of zmir decided to renovate the 6 sea terminals in the city as a part of a big renewal project which accompanies purchasing 15 new boats.
Operated by the local passenger ferry line zdeniz, the terminal is connected (along with Pasaport and Alsancak terminals) to Gztepe, Bayrakl, Bostanl, Karyaka and kuyular The busiest line is Konak-Karyaka line with 55 services per day.
Izmir Archeology Museum, Bahribaba Park, Konak
Izmir Ethnography Museum, Bahribaba Park, Konak
Izmir Museum of History and Art, Kltrpark, Konak
Ahmet Pritina Museum of Metropolitan History, ankaya, Konak
Izmir Museum of Commercial History, Izmir Chamber of Commerce Building, Alsancak, Konak
Agora Open Air Museum of zmir, Agora of Smyrna, Konak
Bostanl Open-air Archaeological Museum
Before ESHOT was formed, all of zmir's public services were operated by several companies. ESHOT Genel Mdrl was formed on July 27, 1943 to take over the zmir Tram and Electric Company. This company operated all trams, trolleybuses and electric facilities in the city. In 1945, ESHOT took over the zmir Coal Gas Company and on June 5, 1947 ESHOT took over the zmir Sular A.. to have control over all the cities main facilities. ESHOT started printing their own paper on June 11, 1957 for new information on all public utilities. By 1959, ESHOT began producing refurbished buses under the direction of Ismail Faruk Paksoy, director of Eshot. In the 1960s the Kordon trolley line was abandoned. ESHOT started operating province wide starting December 11, 1980. On September 12, 1982 the Turkish Electric Company took over all electric operations from ESHOT. The zmir Municipality became the parent company of ESHOT on June 27, 1984. ZSU Company was formed on March 25, 1987 to operate all water facilities in zmir and on July 1, 1987 ESHOT turned over all water operations to ZSU. On September 1, 1994, the Coal gas factory in Alsancak closed down leaving ESHOT only in-charge of city bus operations.