Vodafone Park houses 144 executive suites, and one "1903 Lounge" which will entertain 1,903 spectators in total. The "1903 stand" has a capacity of 636 spectators. The new stadium also has 2,123 square metres of restaurants, 2,520 square metres of terrace restaurants and a VIP parking capacity of 600 vehicles. The ground is a 'smart stadium', where fans enjoy StadiumVision and high-speed Wi-Fi technology, being planned in conjunction with Cisco.
Demolition works on the BJK nn Stadium started on 2 June 2013, following the end of promotion play-offs for the TFF First League. The estimated cost of the project was around $80 million. The new stadium was designed by DB architects. The old stadium was demolished, except for the Eski Ak stand, since this stand and its towers are considered historical monuments by the government. The Eski Ak stand is re-arranged to resemble the look of an antique amphitheatre. The new stadium is "in harmony with the natural and historic landscape of the Bosphorus" when seen from the sea.
In 1936, the French architect and city planner Henri Prost (18741959) was invited to Turkey by President Mustafa Kemal Atatrk. He was tasked with the preparation of Istanbul's rough-cut urban planning and rebuilding, which lasted until 1951. In the first plan, Prost thought that the district of ili might be a good location for a city stadium. However, the governor of Istanbul, Muhittin stnda, asked Prost to put the stadium to Dolmabahe district instead of the stable of the Dolmabahe Palace as a fait accompli in his master city plan, which came into force in 1939.
The BJK nn Stadium, originally named the Dolmabahe Stadium, was designed by Italian architect Paolo Vietti-Violi, who collaborated with Turkish architects inasi ahingiray and Fazl Aysu for preparing the project. The first foundation was laid on May 19, 1939, but construction was halted due to the outbreak of the Second World War. The stadium was inaugurated on May 19, 1947, by smet nn, the second President of Turkey and himself a Beikta fan, and Ltfi Krdar, the Governor of Istanbul.
The initial capacity was 16,000. In the original project plan, there were two bronze statues of athlete figures at the Eski Ak stand: one throwing a discus, and the other throwing a javelin. However, the statues were never built due to financial concerns. The oil factory which was found behind the stadium was demolished to construct the Yeni Ak stand at the west part of the stadium in 1950 (hence the name Yeni Ak, meaning the New Open-top; referring to the two covered stands (Numaral and Kapal) and the two open-top stands (Eski Ak and Yeni Ak).) In 1952, the stadium was renamed as the Mithat Paa Stadium, and later in 1973, it was renamed as the nn Stadium. A leasing contract was signed between Beikta J.K. and the Ministry of Youth and Sports in February 1998 which gave all usage rights of the nn Stadium to Beikta JK for 49 years.